09 December 2012

Scrap your crap! :)

Ok, I wanted to do a couple of posts showing how I have used a few of those random ugly things that we all have laying around, you know - the freebies from a retreat you went to years ago, things you bought because they were in the bargain bin, things you bought because they were pretty and you're a sucker, but they've been sitting in your embellies box for two years and you haven't used them.

This is all about making room for new stuff!   :)

Today I'm going to share a step by step of how I've turned something odd and un-useable into something sweet and pretty.

There's lots of photos - excuse my crappy night-time photography, the light in here is pretty dodgy.  :)

Ok - I don't even know what this is or where it came from - it looks like bag tags strung together? I've had it forever and can't find a way to use it so it's time to get my altering pants on!


First I painted them with white paint. Ok, now I have a blank canvas - at this point I haven't decided what I'm making yet. But it is going to be pink. Lots of lovely mist action...all pinks and reds.


Looking good! Not dirty enough, needs some black...


Oops, too much black. Never mind, I'll dab a bit off with a tissue.


That's better. A bit of stamping maybe? I love this little Prima stamp.


And this Darkroom Door background stamp


Ok now they are nice and grunged up, and I was thinking of turning these into individual tags but now I'm leaning towards a teensy mini album - and it's gotta be about Holly because it's PINK.


I've added some flowers and wire and a bit more misting... maybe silver texta and these letters for a title? And I'll fill the pages with all the lame sayings she's been coming out with lately that she has picked up from the big girls at daycare!

I'm like, "Noooo honey don't let them turn you into a prissy girly girl!!".


Well I misted the alphas with Dylusions and they fell off, so how about some printed paper strips (on glossy photo paper because it just happened to be in the printer)... and some strips to cover that silver writing I've tried out on the first one (which looks crappy)


Ok better - these are the kind of things she's been saying of late, little miss 2 and a half...


A bit more of that awesome hot pink Dylusions over the printed words, a bit of ribbon, a bit of bling... noice! I like it   :)


Here's some decent photos that weren't taken at midnight. I added a bit of washi tape the next day too.   :)





I hope she stays my little baby forever.   :)


Hope you enjoyed seeing how I have turned something dodgy into something cute! Stay tuned for more step-by-step posts as I have plenty of crap that is gonna get upcycled!




2 comments:

  1. Wow - these have been seriously altered!!! I love what you did here!! Very very cool! I now want to dig out my dodgy stuff!! Cheers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. THese look awesome Leonie.You have certainly altered their look.I've been methodically using things as described above. IT is a good feeling to use some of those forgotten items.Thanks for your kind comments on my WW1 layout.

    ReplyDelete