31 March 2013

New DT Projects with Basic Grey's Fact & Fiction - Pages 2 Scrap DT

OMG Can I just say that I LOVED working with this kit that the lovely ladies from Pages 2 Scrap put together this month.

Basic Grey's Fact and Fiction is right up my alley - all simple clean lines and bright colours mixed with neutrals, I LOVE IT!  :)

Anyway, here's the layouts that I had heaps of fun creating this month - this collection has some great graphic patterns that contrast against each other but somehow work without clashing.


How cute are those little coat hanger tags? So many quirky bits and pieces to play with! And Pages 2 Scrap have a great selection of Basic Grey in store.  :)


For me, the best part of the Fact and Fiction collection is those circle stickers! So simple but I love the effect they have coupled together.


And the embroidered fabric brads. Aw, it's all great really! :)


I'm really happy with how this one below turned out - the brads, the circle stickers, the coat hangers - lovin' all the cute details. My little man started kindy this year and I'd only just taken these photos the morning before I scrapped them :)  If only I was that efficient and up to date with all the photos that I want to scrap! 


And a close-up... circle stickers and fabric brads with some layered papers and a bit of washi and stitching underneath for texture. 


For this layout, I had two sheets of this beautiful striped blue paper, so I misted one with a bit of cranberry glimmermist, then cut it roughly into strips, wove the strips together and roughly stitched all over the top to create a subtle pattern-on-pattern background. I have used a couple of neutral stickers from my kit and kept it modern but feminine.


I love this photo of Holly eating sand. Pretty sure I've scrapped it before actually but this time I've used Pix.lr to edit it and add some rainbow lights to it. It's an awesome free online photo editor, with lots more options than Instagram or PicMonkey which I've also used. Disclaimer: not moonlighting for Pixlr - just think it's rad.  ;)


Love how Basic Grey papers are such lovely quality to work with, with minimal buckling when you mist them.

Hope you enjoyed these little peeks showing some of the ways you can use this awesome collection. Time to pop in to Pages 2 Scrap to pick up more of these papers! Luv 'em!

1 comment:

  1. Oh those circle....those mini hangers.... that weaving... lol I love it all!

    ReplyDelete