24 April 2013

Dina Wakley's Introduction to Art Journalling workshop



What a FABULOUS day I had last Sunday! Not only did I go on a road trip with my gal pals Karyn and Nicole, I got to spend 6 hours learning all about art journalling and being a sponge and absorbing as many creative vibes as possible from Dina and a handful of other very special ladies.



I had so much fun getting messy and painting for hours and learning some great new techniques. Three days later my knuckles are still accessorized with blue Dylusions. That's always a good look. :) 

So anyway, I have lots of photos to share!



I had to just let go and trust the process with this page... I wasn't sure where the 'cover it all with black' thing was going to end up but I don't mind how it turned out in the end!


The Pages 2 Scrap staff and design team - Sam, Heidi, Dina, Karen, me, Tracey, Karyn and Julie


Loving the saturated blue with lots of white space  :)


Luv my handmade cloud stamp from Extase.  :)


The lovely Heidi - thanks for letting me borrow all your stuff chicky! :)


This is my fave page - I had some bits of an old comic and the text in it seemed really appropriate. And that bit of journalling? You need a Ohto Fude Ball pen. Go get one now. They write on anything. I reckon they would write on water. Pages 2 Scrap should have them back in stock very soon. :)


Messy, scribbly, stencily fun.


Rainbow layers! 


Thanks Dina for sharing your skills and techniques and stencils and stamps and making us all realise we CAN draw! xx


And thanks to Lisa for letting me share the two pics below... aren't our hands BEAUTIFUL?




2 comments: