16 November 2012

White + green + chevrons... and baseball :)


I have a baseball nut in my family. Well a few of them if you count my extended family. My hubby has played since he was a little bloke and it's only this year, after nearly 30 years, that he has given it a rest - but not by choice. He's got achilles tendonitis and even walking can be a bit tough sometimes, let alone running bases. He's not the type to say much about it but I know it's hit him hard - baseball has been part of his life for so long that I know he is feeling a bit of loss.



It struck me when I was looking for a pic for this month's White With 1 challenge that I'd never scrapped a baseball photo, and considering his uniform at his current team St Mary's Saints is green, it worked perfectly. I started with a bit of Fresh Lime Dylusions and a TCW stencil, which went all smudgy but in a good way, then a bit of watered down lime green Kaisercraft paint over the top applied with a foam brush - I used the thin edge of the foam part to make the vertical lines.

I covered my fave chevron stamp from Creatiate in Glimmer Glam as (oddly enough) I don't have any green stamp pads right now  :)


I used the Glimmer Glam for the border as well, so as not to waste the bit that was left on my palette.

That rad transparency is from Glitz - it's extra perfect because it had Richie's number, 21, printed on it  :)

Conveniently, I had an October Afternoon sticker that said 'baseball' too. It all just came together! Other materials used: Tim Holtz calendar stamp, Sassafrass Lass circle sticker, Kaisercraft carstock.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, really Love this Leonie. Looks awesome.
    Great design, photo and love all the misting.
    Thanks for playing along and for sharing you page with us at WW1. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab page Leonie! I love the design of the page, your background and fabulous negative space. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicola Pendry-ClareNovember 17, 2012 at 5:56 PM

    One of your best. Im so jealous of your talent

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks Nic :)
    we should scrap together more often! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much I like aboout this LO!
    :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the arty feel to this page - it's fantastic - thanks for playing along at WW1 - and congrats on making the team at WW1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful arty background but I think the ball in the center of your rectangles looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete