21 July 2012

Shabby clipboard project

I have been planning to do an altered clipboard for a while now, so when I saw little A5 sized ones at Officeworks recently (for 2 bucks, no less!), I thought I'd give it a go. I bought two and made this one for my friend Karyn's birthday.

I used a lot of torn book paper strips as the background, layering with PVA glue to seal them, then aged it a bit with some distress stain in Wild Honey. It looked a little plain, so I stamped some butterflies with Staz-On.

I've used a mix of vintage trims and and embellishments from D'Lish scraps, and the cream flower with silk leaves is one I made myself.

Now that I've 'practised' on Karyn's, I'm going to make mine pretty much the same!

Enjoy your weekend,

No comments:

Post a Comment